Year of Production:
Year of Production 2023
- Amazing Maurice, The, Germany, Great Britain, 2023
- And the King Said, What a Fantastic Machine , Sweden, Denmark, 2023
- Dancing Queen, Norway, 2023
- Delegation, Poland, Israel, Germany, 2023
- Drei ??? – Erbe des Drachen, Die *, Germany, 2023
- Greyhound of a Girl, A, Luxembourg, Italy, Great Britain, Estonia, Latvia, Germany, 2023
- Kung Fu Lion, Netherlands, China, 2023
- Longing for the World, Switzerland, 2023
- New Tales of Franz, Germany, Austria, 2023
- Properties of Metals, The, Italy, 2023
- Sea Sparkle, Belgium, Netherlands, 2023
- She – Hero (Mimi), Slovak Republic, 2023
- Sica, Spain, 2023
- Titina, Belgium, Norway, 2023
- We Will Not Fade Away, Ukraine, France, Poland, 2023
And the King Said, What a Fantastic Machine
English title: And the King Said, What a Fantastic Machine
German title: And the King Said, What a Fantastic Machine
Sweden, Denmark, 2023
Director: Danielson, Axel & Aertryck, Maximilien Van
Production company: Plattform Produktion
Co-producers: SVT, Bullitt Film
Age recommendation: 14 years and up
Length: 88 min.
Film genre: Documentary
The camera is a fantastic machine.
Filmmakers Axel Danielson & Maximilien Van Aertryck (Ten Meter Tower, Jobs For All!) once again turn their cameras directly on society, this time to explore, explain and expose how our unchecked obsession with image has grown to change our human behavior.
From Camera Obscura and the Lumieres Brothers all the way to Youtube and the world of social media, the film chronicles how we went from capturing the image of a backyard to a multi-billion- euro content industry in just 200 years.
With an exclusive use of archival and found footage, the film uses the very medium it examines, in a self-reflective yet hilarious montage.
Sundance IFF 2023, Berlinale Generation 2023 (special mention)
World sales address/es: