- 29/02/2020 - Montreal International Children's Film Festival (FIFEM), Montréal (Québec)
- 01/03/2020 - SehPferdchen - Kinderfilmfest Hannover, Hannover & Burgdorf & Wunstorf
- 03/03/2020 - Cartoon Movie, Bordeaux, France
- 05/03/2020 - Luxembourg City Film Festival, Luxembourg
- 06/03/2020 - Thessaloniki International Documentary Film Festival, Thessaloniki
- 08/03/2020 - Freeze Frame – International Film Festival for Kids of All Ages, Winnipeg MB R3B 1G7
- 17/03/2020 - Zoomz-Festival für K & J-Filme, Luzern
- 18/03/2020 - Cine-Jeune – Festival International de Cinéma, Braine, Saint Quentin & Department of Aisne
- 18/03/2020 - Youngabout - International Film Festival for Young People, Bologna
- 19/03/2020 - KiKiFe Kinderkinofest Schwäbisch Gmünd, Schwaebisch Gmuend
- 20/03/2020 - Festival de Cinéma d'Alès Itinerances, Alès
- 21/03/2020 - BUFF Filmfestival, Malmö
- 27/03/2020 - Sottodiciotto Filmfestival (Under 18), Torino
- 27/03/2020 - Taiwan International Children's Film Festival (TICFF), Taipei
- 29/03/2020 - Carrousel International du Film – Festival international de cinéma jeunesse de Rimouski, Rimouski, Canada
- 30/03/2020 - Leeds Young Film Festival , Leeds
- 30/03/2020 - Stockholm International Film Festival Junior, Stockholm
- 03/04/2020 - Children's Film Academy: Cinemira – Budapest International Children’s Film Festival, Budapest
- 15/04/2020 - International Children's Film Festival, Lucknow
- 15/04/2020 - Monstronale, Halle/Saale
Carrousel International du Film – Festival international de cinéma jeunesse de Rimouski
Rimouski, Canada, Canada
29/03/2020 - 05/04/2020 (dd/mm/yyyy)
Rhythm: annual, next Festival afterwards (probably): September/October 2021
Competitive Original Children's Film Festival
Director/s: Berger, Sandrine
Deadline for film entries: 13/01/2020 (dd/mm/yyyy)
Programs: Features, Shorts, Animations, Documentaries
Number of films (app.): 100
Festival's recognition: national
Media coverage: national
Notes/description: Each year, the festival which was created in 1983, includes a competitive event that premieres approximatively twenty films in short and long film categories.
The awards, the Camerios, are given to the winning films in 8 categories.
An exclusive feature of the festival is its Jury, which is composed entirely of young people between the ages of 13 and 17, from all over the world. The Jury is autonomous and its decisions are not subject to the approval of adults.
Festival programming also consists of a select non-competitive section in which several new international productions and retrospective films are presented. Animated films as well as the productions of Carrousel activity participants make up a large part of the festival's programme.
Several special events take place during the festival: workshops in schools by cinema professionals, special showings, exhibitions, contests, breakfast meetings, etc. During this time, the entire Rimouski region joins in this wonderful celebration of cinema.
133, rue Julien-Réhel, #204
CAN- Rimouski (Québec) G5L 9B1