‘The Methods and Impact of Film Education’ is the title of an international conference that will be hosted by Kinodvor and the Slovenian Cinematheque in Ljubljana on April 11 & 12th 2018.
Petra Slatinsek, on behalf of Kinodvor: “Film education opens opportunities for a different way of teaching. We will present examples of good practices in conducting film education in other countries and focus on the ones that take place in schools and cinemas and involve a cooperation between teachers and filmmakers. We will learn about various ways of leading workshops and conducting film discussions. Part of the conference will also be devoted to reflecting and evaluating the possible impact of film education programmes.”
On the conference programme are the names of several renowned international speakers, such as:
– Dutch producer Jan-Willem Bult, who’s ‘Children in the Centre’ philosophy is based on a strong belief in the autonomy of children.
– Alejandro Bachmann from the Austrian Filmmuseum has expertise in screening experimental films for schools, and in different approaches towards conducting cinema discussions.
– Christine Kopf (Deutsches Filminstitut) presents methods for working with teachers.
– Tessa van Grafhorst (the Dutch Taartrovers Film Festival) involves even the youngest audience with interactive installations and workshops.
– Ivana Jakobović Alpeza (Seventh Continent, Croatia) comes with a manual on how to establish a film debate club at school.
More info & contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.