- Kaolin, France, 2020
- Karl, France, 2017
- Karla and Nordahl, Norway, 2019
- KATASTROFER, Denmark, 2021
- Keep going, Germany, 2022
- Kendis, Netherlands, 2017
- Kicksled Choir, The, Norway, 2020
- Kid Cat, France , 2020
- Kids for Guns, Germany, 2018
- Kiem Holijanda, Netherlands, 2017
- Kiki the Feather, France, 2020
- Kiko and the Animals, France, Switzerland, 2020
- King´s 'Day, Netherlands, 2015
- Kippkopp in the snow, Hungary, 2019
- Kiss, A, Netherlands, 2018
- Kite, The, Czech Republic / Slovak Republic / Poland , 2019
- Kiwi & Strit - Funny Harmony, Denmark, 2021
- Kiwi & Strit – Things Have Legs , Denmark, 2021
- Klick, Germany, 2021
- Kôrô Kôrô, Germany, 2021
- Koyaa - Naughty Toy Car, Slovenia, Croatia, 2017
- Koyaa – Flower , Slovenia, 2013
- Kuap, Switzerland, 2018
Netherlands, 2018, 33 min.
Director: Nima Mohaghegh
Black Sheep Can Fly
Age recommendation: 10 years and up
Film genre: Feature film
A Kiss is a funny, light-hearted and adventurous short movie about three teenage friends living in an asylum shelter in the Netherlands. Abdi, a 12-year-old Syrian refugee, has fallen in love with the 15-year-old Leyli and wants nothing more than to have her be his partner for the summer disco. But Abdi lacks the courage to ask Leyli. After finding out that at the end of the week he and his family will be moved to another asylum shelter, our young hero embarks on an unstoppable journey to win over Leyli's heart and to seal it with an intimate kiss. Knowing that if he loses her, he will regret it for the rest of his life.
A Kiss is a short movie made with kids aged between 10 and 15 years old, living in asylum shelters (AZC in Dutch) throughout Netherland. For months these kids were trained in acting. They had workshops and went to a theatre camp where professionals gave them a crash course in acting. Different professional actors like George Tobal, Mike Reus en Bart Klever, also make an appearance in the movie.
A Kiss was initiated by Nima Mohaghegh (Oscar nominated for the student movie "The Sacred Defense") and theatre actor/director Saman Amini. Both Mohaghegh en Amini were refugees that came to the Netherlands at the end of the 1990's and have lived a large part of their childhood in different asylum shelters throughout Netherland. A Kiss creates a realistic view of what it's like to grow up in an asylum shelter. In this way, Mohaghegh en Amini hope to create a bridge of understanding between asylum seekers and the European society.
Cinekid 2018 (awarded)
Netherlands Film Festival 2018