- 03/08/2021 - La Matatena Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (virtual Edition), Ciudad de México
- 13/08/2021 - Sarajevo Film Festival, Sarajewo
- 19/08/2021 - Your Cinema - International Competition Program for children and youth audience, as part of International Festival of Cinematographic Debuts "Spirit Of Fire", Khanty-Mansiysk and other cities in the district of UGRA (Siberia)
- 21/08/2021 - IndieJunior, Lisboa
- 21/08/2021 - The Norwegian International Filmfestival / "Cinemagi", Haugesund
- 23/08/2021 - Espoo Ciné International Film Festival, Espoo
- 27/08/2021 - IFI Family Festival, Dublin
- 27/08/2021 - San Diego International Kids' Film Festival: Postponed, San Diego
- 28/08/2021 - International Film Festival for Children and Youth Ojo de Pescado, Valparaíso
- 30/08/2021 - Odense International Film Festival, Odense
- 01/09/2021 - TIFF Junior – Tromsø Children's Film Festival, Tromsø
- 07/09/2021 - Fantoche International Animation Film Festival, Baden
- 08/09/2021 - Dytiatko - Int. Children's Media Festival, Kharkiv
- 17/09/2021 - Glasgow Youth Film Festival, Glasgow
- 19/09/2021 - Kinderfilmtage im Ruhrgebiet; Essen, Mülheim, Oberhausen, Essen, Mülheim, Oberhausen
- 25/09/2021 - Buster - Copenhagen International Film Festival for Children and Youth, Copenhagen
- 26/09/2021 - "Zero Plus" International Children's and Youth Film Festival, Tyumen & Tobolsk Cities (Siberia)
- 26/09/2021 - Taoba International Youth Film Festival, Tbilisi
- 29/09/2021 - Kratka Forma – International Short Film Festival, Gornji Milanovac
- 30/09/2021 - Lucas – Int. Festival for Young Film Lovers, Frankfurt/M.
Nelson Mandela Children’s Film Festival
Johannesburg, South Africa
26/07/2021 - 30/07/2021 (dd/mm/yyyy)
Rhythm: annual, next Festival afterwards (probably): July 2022
Non-Competitive Original Children's Film Festival
Director/s: Firdoze Bulbulia, Faith Isiakpere
Deadline for film entries: 31/03/2022 (dd/mm/yyyy)
Programs: Features, Shorts, Animations, Documentaries
Number of films (app.): 10
Festival's recognition: national
Media coverage: national
Special Events: Nelson Mandela Day 18 July, National Youth Month (June), Day of the African Child 16 June (Pan-African)
Notes/description: Artistically stimulating and thought-provoking, the film programme takes on bold narratives through a range of features, documentaries and shorts from across the world. These are accompanied by workshops hosted by an unparalleled guest list of celebrated film talent from around the world, providing a unique opportunity for young people to gain an insight into global film practices.
Father of South Africa, uTata Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, passionately supported children and youth nurturing them as the leaders of tomorrow. He stated, ‘our children are the rock on which our future will be built, our greatest asset as a nation. They will be the leaders of our country, the creators of our national wealth who care for and protect our people’ (Nelson Mandela, 3 June 1995).
Festival Director, Firdoze Bulbulia, states, ‘we are delighted to be celebrating and commemorating Mandela‘s legacy and to continue to use his work to inspire the next generation. We believe that film is a unique medium that can entertain, educate and inform. The festival acts as a platform for empowering young South Africans to participate in the global dialogue on film and media’.
The festival will be open to children and youth from aged four onwards, and will take place both online through the Durban International Film Festival VoD portal and in select venues.
AMANI Unit 2
72/ 106 Keurboom Road
Phone: ++27 833251857