This year Kids Kino Industry and Cinekid for Professionals joined forces to launch Producers LINK, a newly established programme for emerging producers of children’s content. The programme is designed to stimulate the production of top-quality children’s content and pan-European co-productions, and will provide follow-up both during and after the two leading kids events in Autumn.
First stop: Kids Kino Industry
The first face-to-face session was held on 27-30 September within the frame of Kids Kino Industry forum in Warsaw (the on-site session at KKI was preceded by 3 online meetings). During three intensive workshop days Producers LINK participants had plenty of opportunities to extend their skills in subjects such as audience development and digital marketing.
The programme included masterclasses on current screening trends in kids media with Nicola Jones (Festival Director of Golden Sparrow Festival), Heleen Rouw (Festival Director of Cinekid), David Kleeman (strategist and analyst) and Maurice Wheeler (expert in audience development). Alongside these were Commissioners Talks with Vicky Schroderus (Head of International Co-Productions & Acquisitions at Yle Childrens Programs) and Stefan Pfäffle (Deputy Head of Acquisition Department at the German children’s channel KiKA). On the last day, producers participated in a digital marketing workshop which will continue with face-to-face sessions at Cinekid for Professionals (Amsterdam). Apart from the Producers LINK programme, the participants took part in pitching presentations and panels organised as part of the Kids Kino Industry forum programme.
A great emphasis of the programme is being placed on networking and exchanging experiences as well as establishing new contacts during get together sessions hosted by Kids Kino Lab and Kids Kino Industry and speed meetings hosted by KIDS Regio.
Producers LINK participants:
– Julietta Sichel – 8Heads Productions – Czech Republic
– Martin Vandas – MAUR film – Czech Republic
– Biljana Vušović – Open Box Studio – Montenegro
– Andrea Mura – Ginko Film – Italy
– Emanuele Nespeca – Solaria Film – Italy
– Lisa Havenstein – Tradewind Pictures – Germany
– Claudia Schröter – Cala Film – Germany
– Arsen Anton Ostojic – Filmosaurus Rex – Croatia
– Martin Smatana – BORORO – Slovakia
– Stelios Apostolopoulos / Kyveli Short – Aori FILM – Greece
– Joanna Ronikier – Running Rabbit Films – Poland
– Małgorzata Wabińska – Entertain Pictures – Poland
– Jakub Karwowski – Letko – Poland
– Jordi B. Oliva – Imagic TV – Spain
– Oscar Albert – Motion Pictures Entertainment – Spain
– Iván Agenjo – Peekaboo Animation – Spain
– Oriol Marcos – Set Màgic Audiovisual – Spain
– Layla Meijman / Maarten van der Ven – Studio Ruba – the Netherlands
– Coen Balkestein – Kailo Animation – the Netherlands
– Rinskje Raap – Rinkel Film – the Netherlands
– Jasper Boon – Boondocs – the Netherlands
– Nicholas Sando – Filmbin – Norway
– Lillian Løvseth – Trollfilm/Smallville films – Norway
– Julia Andersen – Fjordic Film – Norway
– Verona Meier – Storm Group – Norway
Producers LINK is organised by Kids Kino Industry & Cinekid.
Find more info here.
© photos – Paulina Kurach