- Fairytale With A Completely Imagined Ending, A, Germany, 2014
- Feet of Menuela Solis Velasquez, The (Just Kids), Netherlands, 2015
- Feifei - Hide and seek (Just Kids), Netherlands, 2013
- For Mathilde, Germany, 2008
- Fourth Kingdom , The, Spain, USA, 2017
- From Here to Immortality, Switzerland, 2013
- Fruits of Clouds, Czech Republic, 2017
Fairytale With A Completely Imagined Ending, A
Original title: Ein Märchen von einer unmöglichen Stelle im Universum
German title: Ein Märchen von einer unmöglichen Stelle im Universum
Germany, 2014, 20 min.
Director: Markus Wulf
ifs internationale filmschule köln gmbh
Age recommendation: 6 years and up
Film genre: Feature film
"Once upon a time there was a girl. Her name was Helene.And since her father was king and her mother queen, she had to be a princess."
This is how nine-year-old Helene begins to tell her own story through her toy theatre. But a princess can do anything she wants after all. Really anything. However, it is a kind of freedom, which quickly turns out to be a jail, since the architecture of the kingdom is absolutely all-encompassing that no more prohibitions are needed.
The impossibility of leaving her marks or of changing anything at all makes Helene grow increasingly passive. When the royal physician diagnoses a “Melancholia” and suggests to treat it with medication, Helene takes this as a cause to throw her crown into the castle pond and to break out. A day like none before begins.
mo&friese 2016 (awarded)
Oldenburg Filmfestival 2014
Max Ophüls Preis 2014
Dresden Filmfestival 2014
Golden Sparrow 2014
Study guide: German