- 24/06/2019 - Fest – International Youth Film Festival, Espinho
- 27/06/2019 - Filmfest München - Kinderfilmfest, Munich
- 28/06/2019 - Festival International du Film de La Rochelle, La Rochelle
- 29/06/2019 - Children's Cinema Festival of Florianópolis, Florianópolis
- 09/07/2019 - Galway Film Fleadh / Junior Film Fleadh, Galway
- 13/07/2019 - Cartoon Club – International Festival of Animation Cinema and Comics, Rimini
- 13/07/2019 - Pula Film Festival, Children's and Youth Film Programms, Pula
- 19/07/2019 - Giffoni Film Festival, Giffoni Valle Piana, Salerno
- 26/07/2019 - IFI Family Festival, Dublin
- 06/08/2019 - La Matatena Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños, Ciudad de México
- 16/08/2019 - Sarajevo Film Festival, Sarajewo
- 17/08/2019 - The Norwegian International Filmfestival / "Cinemagi", Haugesund
- 23/08/2019 - San Diego International Kids' Film Festival, San Diego
- 26/08/2019 - Odense International Film Festival, Odense
- 03/09/2019 - Fantoche International Animation Film Festival, Baden
- 04/09/2019 - Best of the World – Tromsø Children's Film Festival, Tromsø
- 04/09/2019 - Dytiatko - Int. Children's Media Festival, Kharkiv
- 05/09/2019 - Toronto International Film Festival, TIFF-Kids-Section, Toronto
- 13/09/2019 - Glasgow Youth Film Festival, Glasgow
- 19/09/2019 - Lucas – Int. Festival für junge Filmfans, Frankfurt/M.
Sehsüchte – International Student Filmfestival of Konrad Wolff Film and Television University
24/04/2019 - 28/04/2019 (dd/mm/yyyy)
Rhythm: annual, next Festival afterwards (probably): Spring 2020
Prizes: Best feature over 60 minutes, best feature under 60 minutes, best documentary over 60 minutes, best documentary under 60 minutes, Focus Prize, best animationfilm, best Teenfilm, best children's film, audience award, post-production prize, best camera, bes
Deadline for film entries: 07/01/2019 (dd/mm/yyyy)
Programs: Films made by Young Filmmakers
Number of films (app.): 100
Festival's recognition: international
Notes/description: Sehsüchte is the largest international student film festival in Europe. Plus, it has a long tradition of being the meeting place of up-and-coming filmmakers from around the world. Year after year, Sehsüchte attracts young filmmakers from all parts of the planet. Our goal is not only to offer a venue to up-and-coming filmmakers to showcase their works but also specifically to encourage communication between filmmakers and high professionals from the film and media industry.
Sehsüchte provides many opportunities for intercultural communication to take place: 100 international films by up-and-coming filmmakers, panel discussions, workshop discussions, professional workshops, parties, lounge evenings, and much more.
The special flair of our public festival is due to the close contact possible between audience members, industry insiders, and filmmakers. There are many cinematic discoveries to be made over the course of five eventful days and nights at the festival. Apart from films of all genres, there are workshop discussions to get you talking, the relaxing lounge to get you pondering, and the legendary Sehsüchte parties to get you dancing.
Konrad Wolff Film and Television University