- R U There, Netherlands, 2010
- Rabbi's Cat, The, France, 2009
- Rabbit School – Guardians of the Golden Egg, Germany, 2017
- Race, The, Ireland, Germany, 2009
- Radio Pirates, The, Norway, 2007
- Rafiki, Norway, 2009
- Rafiki, South Africa, Germany, Norway, The Netherlands, Kenya, 2018
- Rag Union, Russia, 2015
- Ragnarok, Norway, 2013
- Rain Children, The, France/South Corea, 2002
- Rain Fairy, The, Czech Republic, 2010
- Raining Cats and Frogs, France, 2003
- Raoul Tabourin, France, Belgium, 2018
- Rare Exports, Finland, 2010
- Rascals on the Road (My Name is Eugen), Switzerland, 2005
- Rat King, Estonia, Finland, 2012
- Ratcatcher, Great Britain, 1999
- Rauf, Turkey, 2016
- Raven the Little Rascal, Germany, 2012
- Raven the little Rascal – Hunt for the Lost Treasure, Germany, 2019
- Raven the little Rascal – The Big Race, Germany, 2015
- Rebounce, Denmark, 2011
- Reconstructing Utøya, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, 2019
- Red and the Blue, The, Italy, 2012
- Red Bracelets – The Beginning, Germany, 2019
- Red Like the Sky, Italy, 2005
- Red Turtle, The, France, Japan, 2016
- Red Zora, Germany, 2007
- Reddest Fox, The aka Too Red to be Fox, Russia, 2016
- Redhead Through the Looking Glass, Belarus, 2010
- Rediscovery, Denmark, 2019
- Regina, Iceland/Canada/Norway, 2001
- Regret!, Netherlands, 2013
- Remake, Sweden, 2014
- Remi – Nobody's Boy, France, 2018
- Renard, the Fox, Luxembourg, 2004
- Respect, Norway, 2008
- Retaliators, The, Spain, 2010
- Return, The, Russia, 2003
- Returning Home, Norway, 2015
- Reuber, Germany, 2013
- Revolt (aka Sons of Norway), Norway, 2011
- Revolting Rhymes, Great Britain, 2016
- Rhubarb, Netherlands, 2014
- Richard the Stork, Germany, Belgium, Norway, 2017
- Ricky Rapper, Finland, 2008
- Ricky Rapper and Cool Wendy, Finland, 2012
- Ricky Rapper and Slick Leonard, Finland, 2014
- Ricky Rapper and the Bicycle Thief, Finland, 2010
- Ricky Rapper and the Nighthawk, Finland, 2016
- Ricky Rapper and the Scrooge from Seville, Finland, 2015
- Ricky – Three´s a Crowd, Germany, 2013
- Rimolar ve Zimolar: Kasabada Baris, Turkey, 2014
- Ringside (aka: The Punch), Germany, USA, 2019
- Rintje, Netherlands, Belgium, 2016
- Roads, Germany, 2019
- Robber Hotzenplotz, The, Germany, 2005
- Robby & Toby’s Fantastic Voyager, Germany, 2016
- Robinson Crusoe (aka: The Wild Life), France, 2015
- Robot Overlords, Great Britain, 2014
- Rocca Changes the World, Germany, 2019
- Rock My Heart, Germany, 2017
- Rock'n'Ball, Ucraine, 2011
- Rock'n'Roll Eddie, Poland, 2019
- Rolli, Finland, 2001
- Rolli and the Secret of All Time, Finland, 2016
- Romeos, Germany, 2011
- Romy's Salon, Netherlands, Germany, 2019
- Ronal, the Barbarian, Denmark, 2011
- Room 213, Sweden, 2017
- Rose on Tour – Truth Never Lies, Sweden, 2007
- Rosie & Moussa, Belgium, 2018
- Round up, The, France, 2010
- Royal Corgi, Belgium, 2019
- Ruben Brandt, Collector, Hungary, 2018
- Ruby Red, Germany, 2012
- Rudy - The Return of the Racing Pig, Germany, 2007
- Run Sister Run!, Finland, 2010
- Run, Boy, Run, Germany, France, Poland, 2013
- Runaways, Great Britain, 2018
- Runway, The, Ireland, Luxembourg, 2010
- Ruudi, Estonia, Finland, Germany, 2006
Red Like the Sky
Original title: Rosso come il cielo
German title: Rot wie der Himmel
Director: Bortone, Cristiano
Production company: Orisa Produzioni
Age recommendation: 12 years and up
Based on the true story of a boy who went on to become one of the greatest sound editors in Italian film production. Blinded in an accident, Mirco is sent to a boarding school where he begins to express himself making stories with sounds he captures on an old tape-recorder.
Sprockets Toronto 2007:
Featuring blind children in most of the roles, Red Like the Sky is a beautifully crafted film about youth overcoming preconceived ideas about blindness, and a wonderful testament to the power imagination and creativity have to open up the minds of children and adults alike.
London Children's Film Festival 2007:First Kight Movies Young Jurors' reviews on "Red Like The Sky":
The First Light Movies Young Jurors say this is live action drama based on a true story.
This film is set in Italy in the 1970s. It’s about a boy who accidentally fires a gun and goes blind. He’s sent to a special school for the blind and makes a friend. This film is mainly about people being the same even though you have a few problems.
The camera angles were really helpful as they showed just how much the person could see.
My favourite scene was when Mirco described colours to his blind friend.
I would see this film because it has an important message. I would recommend it to everyone because it could change the way you think. 8/10
By Jubir Ali, age 11
Red Like the Sky is a very touching and emotional film but at the same time it’s exciting, funny and brings tears to your eyes. Red Like the Sky is a fantastic film that keeps you on the edge from the beginning.
The camera skilfully showed you what was happening and what the characters were feeling. The costumes were great and gave a sense of Italy in the 1970s.
My favourite characters were Mirco and his teacher. Mirco had a fantastic personality and his was the kindest.
This is a fantastic film and you should see it a million times over!
By JoJo Kamal, age 9
It’s about a boy that goes blind and has to go to a special school away from his parents and friends.The costumes, lighting and cameras were brilliant because it looked so true to life.
My favourite bit was the ending. But I won’t tell you and spoil it!
I would recommend this film to everyone I know!
By Luca Philips, age 10
The story is quite sad but it is a good movie.
By Salome Trezise, age 8
London 2005, Cinekid Amsterdam 2006, Sao Paulo 2006 (awarded), Montreal 2006 (aearded), Antwerp/Brugge 2007 (awarded), Sprockets Toronto 2007, David di Donatello: David Giovani Award, Flaiano 2007 (Audience Award), Durban 2007 (Audience Award), Hamburg 2007 (awarded), Chemnitz 2007 (awarded), Tel Aviv 2007, London CFF 2007, Ale Kino Poznan 2007 (awarded), Reel 2 Real Vancouver 2008, Hannover 2008, Taiwan 2008, Vienna 2008 (awarded), Discovery Dundee 2008, Cine Jeune de'l Aisne St. Quentin (awarded), Augsburg 2009
Study guide: Danish
Study guide: French
Study guide: German
World sales address/es:
Adriana Chiesa Enterpridr srl